Merit .5g With Permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Jun 17, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco told me 13 is the average setting on the pg magnum for merit @ 70 lbs. acre. This is at slow speed. Did not have a setting avaliable for high speed. My questions is that seems really high for the slow speed. Even at high speed that still seems high. It is such a small particle. I have calibrated over and over with my ferts and have them all very close. You guys who throw merit .5g with a pg magnum is this close or way off. I tried their web site but merit spreader setting are not available.

2. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend this. .5G is tough to spread to begin with and the PG is going to throw those light granules all over the place even if you can figure out how to calibrate it. We use 0-0-7 Merit - it's heavier, easier to calibrate and spreads great.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Cut my nuts off here, but isn't 0-0-7 w/Merit all mineral?? If it is, it's the same stuff we tried a couple years ago. It "melts" fast, clogs up the fert gate, and cakes up impellers. We absolutley hated it.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

For the 0.05 percent Merit, on my Scotts spreader I set it at "I". The lower third of the alphabet. For 19-0-6 with Dimension, I use "P".

Get your dealer to weigh out several batches of 7 pounds, (which covers 5000 sqft.)
    Use 7 pounds at high speed. Measure the square feet you covered. Adjust up or down as needed. When you get it figured out--tell me--so I don't have to do it.

Really this is ironic. Right here in my waste basket is a post card from Bayer, which arrived today. Among other things it says, "As always, you are backed by Bayer. And that means our team of professionals is your team of professionals...." Empty adveritsing claims--or maybe its true.

So call them and put "your team of professionals" to work. Ask them how to use their product--and remind them that their distributor didn't have a good answer. There is no phone number on the postcard.

5. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

merit 5g or bandit or touchstone, whatever it may be is actually nicer to spread out of a perma green than any other product I've ever tryed, but I will say 5g is way too much money/acre, you can use bandit or touchstone for like 77-85$ acre if it's the bayer backing your'e looking for each one of these products is backed by bayer.