Merit (breakthrough) new england!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Oct 1, 2012.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Josh you running with straight merit or using Allectus?

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I used both allectus and merit, seems the allectus performed a little better. I wanted to use allectus exclusively but i couldnt get it!

3. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

So one minor failure. That makes it what...99.8% effective?

Are you expecting 100% results each application given all the possibilities and variables involved?

4. Cadzilla

Whats available or is anyone using besides Trichlorfon (Dylox) for curative control?

I'm looking for a cost effective alternative to Dylox, be it granular or liquid.

5. Cadzilla

I have used Sevin at a pretty high rate and it was watered in with pretty crappy results, and it is labeled for it.

Back in the day we used Ofthanol.

6. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Why do you think it is "minor"? The property is a 2 acre condo complex. I just put down a curative ap that costs me big $.

After using merit in both liquid and dry formulations for several years it is odd why it did not work his year. I have one other property it failed at as well.

Are we not supposed to question the products we use when they do not work?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

humble and LK sent u pm

ive got 7 effected properties - that i know of at this moment
    for about 375 k sq ft--
    in the previous 3 yrs using identical product ive had only1 failure each yr.
    1 was a non-irrigated bk yard in 2010 drought(front with irrigate was fine), and 2 were extreme slopes- barely walkable

bayer has sent me a pallet of dylox

8. Cadzilla

I assumed it was minor because you...being a lawn care professional would have noticed the damage pretty quick and you did say you sprayed it with something as a curative.

So I assumed your damage on 2 acres was minor.

I'm just not as quick to blame others when something goes wrong and you really have real data or quantitative reason to start questioning Imidicloprid.

One thing to remember is that Merit fert combo products are genearlly meant to be applied at the full 1lb fert rate, so any less than 1lb of N will get you less than labeled rate on Merit.

It happens.

Relax.

9. Cadzilla

What product did you use as a preventative?

10. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Wow.

This thread has been very informative though I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm getting insulted. I guess its the drawback to a big site like this that attracts a little bit of everything.

FYI as a lawn care professional I did notice the damage early on and it was isolated to only 1000sf. But I sampled the entire complex and realized infestation was throughout. That's why I had to apply curative to the whole property.

Also as a lawn care professional I know how to spell Imidacloprid lol.

So just relax...
    Posted via Mobile Device