Merit Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by frotis, Jul 2, 2009.

1. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

I was planning on applying "MERIT 0.2% 24-0-8 40%PPSCU 2%FE" to my own lawn on July 1st but it doesn't look like we are going to get rain for another week or more and I won't be able to water it in. Should I just wait until just before rain is expected.

2. cpa4t9r

cpa4t9r LawnSite Member

Either rain or irrigate as per the label - especially if you're going to be putting out w/fert&iron.

3. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

yes most of these products need 1/2 inch of h2o to activate

4. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I was told by my supplier that if Merit is not watered in with 72 hours it will loose over half of it's effectiveness.

5. Rhizomatous

Rhizomatous LawnSite Member
    from Ma

It needs to bond with the thatch and organic material...the grubs will be located there anyways

6. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Where in the Northeast are you if you're not expecting rain for at least another week? I'm in NY; can we trade weather???

Seriously, though, if you're at least as far north as I am, what's the rush? You'll be fine if you have to wait another week.

7. Rhizomatous

from Ma

theres been a few beetles flying in western mass at our research plots but i havent seen anythin on the northshore MA...and ya lol its been raining everyday here where in paradise are you located?

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Unless they are at the base of the root zone.

9. Rhizomatous

from Ma

yea maybe but with all this rain weve been having theyll be higher up

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Unless they are at the base of the root zone. If the ground is dry you won't find a Billbug Larvae feeding in the thatch .