1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Merry Mac=Little Wonder!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Nov 10, 2004.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I am probably going to buy a push blower at the end of this season, to use full time next season. It is going to be a 10hp. I found this blower in Northern Tool. Its called "merrt-mac" its 799.99 for a 10hp, i think thats 50.00 less than the little wonder.

Anyone have one of these of heard anything either way about them?
    Heres the link

2. proenterprises

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Not to be mean or anything. But why would you to buy a none commercial machine. When you can have the baddest ass commercial blower money can buy for only $50 more. Sounds kind of stupid to me.
  4. proenterprises

because i was wondering what others had to say about them. if they work just as well as little wonder, than why would i waste 50 dollars??????
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

No other blower comes close to a little wonder in every aspect of a push blower. Which is why it seems like everyone seems to owns one. They will out blow anything. Including a trailer park girl. :rolleyes:
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Billy Goat Blowers...After using the Operator Contolled Discharge there's No Going Back.

That MerryMother Looks like a POS...$50 doesn't Even Buy me Lunch.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO, Will!!! Hey man, we had a mackissic blower a few years ago we got from a customer. It was OK at best, struggling to get 1700-1800 cfm's,... meaning we sold it for a profit ...
  8. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

actually I have a billy goat that blows my little wonder away.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

To try to save 50 bucks over the LW would be the most expensive 50 bucks you'd ever save in your life. It'll end up costing you way more than that. As far as the BG outblowing the LW, I'd have to see it. I've tested them side by side, and there is hardly any comparison. You have to make surte you are comparing apples to apples, here. Not a 10hp BG against a 8hp LW, or something of the sort. We tested two 8 hp blowers, and the LW was moving things that the BG wasn't touching. Both are good units, though, and I can see where the operator controlled shaker would be handy for some applications. I just wouldn't use it that much, though.
  10. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

As RUNNER said, we have tried all kinds of blowers, sid eby side and there is just no way we have ever seen anything blow like a LW. We do almost all residential work and we see many crews using other blowers during the fall and the all seem to notice that our crews are doing quite a bit better with the LW. On the job, in real leaf conditions is the true test--not just blowing a little dirt on a parking lot.