Mesa Verde Landscape Management 2011

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MesaVerdeLM, Apr 26, 2011.

1. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

Just a little edging work at my own home. I will be the first to admit that it needs a lot of work and I am hoping to gets some constructive criticism and advice on here.

I cut a line with my stick edger and then pulled the grass out with my loop hoe. After that we layed the bricks back in and went from two levels around the tree rings to one. The main reason for this was to make it easier for me on maintenance as the grass was growing up betweens the stacked brick. Now I can simply run my string trimmer around the little gap like it is a natural edge.

Onto the pics, I will have some more tomorrow of a couple mulch jobs for two clients.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,nice work!

3. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

nice work .

4. Ukisuperstar

Ukisuperstar LawnSite Member

Looks good? Nice work?
    Are you guys looking at the same thing i am?

Get rid of the bricks, looks cheap and will only get worse. You have already edged the beds nicely, leave them the way they are.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

The brick looks hidious.

6. wiselandscaping

wiselandscaping LawnSite Member

Couldn't agree more. From the looks of it, the edge is great. Mulch the beds and leave the edging brick-free. It will look much better that way. If you edge your customer's beds that well, you should have no problem making your mulch jobs look excellent.

7. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

No..... Mesa Verde. It's plain to see that was a practice job. Don't give up is all I can tell you. That's how we learned most of our skills. But you sure crapped it by showing it off on this site. You will probably get more negetivo than positive on it. No problem. Looks good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. nikolai

nikolai LawnSite Member

As far as the bricks go it is a compromise. My step dad wants to keep them and I prefer a natural edge. Maybe one day I can get my way. I appreciate any comments and take everything on here with a grain of salt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

if you are going to do this....at least make all the gaps equal, but seriously show your dad some of the natural edges on here. if he doesnt see how good natural looks he is crazy

10. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Dang, everyone so critical. I honestly think the bricks look fine? So would natural edging. Can some of you explain why you think the bricks make it look soo bad? I don't understand...

Mesa I think it looks great.