Message in a bottle

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by F4rm3rj03, Jul 16, 2014.

1. F4rm3rj03

F4rm3rj03 LawnSite Senior Member

Today while working on a small wall I was reminded of a never before done by myself but already thought of idea of leaving a letter in a bottle for the future behind the wall. Eventually the wall will be redone or tore down decades from now and wouldn't it be interesting to have a note left there for the future landscaper or demolition crew?

What would you write?

For my message to the future I'm split between leaving contact information asking to be contacted and informed why the wall is being worked on to: regardless of what your history textbook said, no body in the right mind liked Obama or Dianne Feinstein.

Or: oops I just broke the fabric of time. I am a time traveller born 10/01/2089. FYI: mankind survives the zombie attack in 2044. :laugh:

2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I like to leave my company initials or at least the year somewhere if i can. I ripped up a concrete slab recently that had a penny nickel dime and quarter imbedded in it from the year it was poured. Pretty cool.

4. BMB Hardscape

BMB Hardscape LawnSite Member

Whenever I lay pavers over concrete, I usually write obscenities in sharpe marker or leave blood stains on the existing concrete.
    Just kidding, I don't really do that.
    I do write down the company name and the exact date and time as I'm covering it up. Someday someone will see that, I think.

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Gets me thinking of a job I did in 1987, I remember burying inside a step, not on purpose, a steel set square, don't ask me why, but I remember that. I recently had to repair that same step and found it, 23 yrs later, it was all rusted. Thought that was cool.
    I wouldn't leave a note, likely robots are going to be doing our job in 50 yrs from now with no ability to read or write. :)

6. alldayrj

When i burn up a diamond blade i leave that somewhere in the job also haha

7. F4rm3rj03

Was it still square?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. F4rm3rj03

Oh my. The guys I work with would throw a fit hearing this - That is good scrap metal. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Now you're just trying to bait me RJ....lol

10. alldayrj

Hey I'm just selling latux to future generations
    Posted via Mobile Device