1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Message to Ray

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by yortengel, Mar 21, 2000.

1. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

Ray, I spent four good years in the US Navy, I was an Oil king aboard the USS Tuscaloosa,<br>LST 1187. Did my four and got out in 1989, Just before the Golf war, <br>My Question, How do you get to stay on shore duty long enough to Plow Snow? I was stationed in San Diego. (NO Snow There)<br>I mite have stayed in if I could have figured that trick out.<p>EN2 Engel
  2. Diceman

Diceman LawnSite Member

Hi, I did almost nine years in the submarine force, got out in 1991. Did two tours on two different boats (USS George C. Marshall SSBN 654 Blue and the USS City of Corpus Christi SSN 705 and two and a half years shore duty in Groton. I got hooked on snow plowing from the guy that sided my house (Dino aka Plowking35). Started out just riding shotgun just for shits and grins. Then I went through the big &quot;D&quot; and by that time had become really good friends with Dino. He helped me pick out my truck and it all snowballed from there.<p>B. K. Morley MS2(SS)<p><br>
  3. Ray

Ray LawnSite Member

Its not to hard. After I left Maine I went to new construction at Electric Boat(no sea time there). I had to stop for 2 years when I went to the West coast, but now that I'm on shore duty again I got the oportunity to work for the same company I hooked up with before I went west. <br>Hey Diceman when were you on the 5 boat, I was there from 86 to 88.
  4. Diceman

Diceman LawnSite Member

Ray, I was on the 5 Boat from June 89 thru May 91. You might have known a fellow shipmate of mine that went from the Marshall to the 5 Boat. QM2(SS) Ronald X. Smith from Atlanta.... The guy was a nut!
  5. Diceman

Diceman LawnSite Member

Ray, who do you plow for/with? What kind of truck/plow do you have?<p>----------<br>Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>http://www.sima.org
  6. Ray

Ray LawnSite Member

I plow for FE Crandall, I have a 99 Ford F350 with an 8' Fisher.<br>
  7. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Ray e-mail me off forum at plowking35@aol.com<br>I have a few ? for you about Crandall and if you like you may be able to answer them for me.<br>Thanks Dino