message to TNMTN

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Lawrence Anthony, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Lawrence Anthony

Lawrence Anthony LawnSite Member

Thanks for responding to my thread.I would really like to speak with a veteran in this field.Would you please contact me at juict64@cox.net..... Much appreciated.

2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i sent you an email and would be happy to talk with you. that being said i am relatively new to the mini skid world and there many others on here with much more experiance than me.
    good luck,

3. Lawrence Anthony

I'm new to the field and I dont have landscaping experience.I'm thinking about leveling yards,busting and hauling concrete,and drainage.Can you recomend other things I can do with rental attachments aside from landscaping.The main thing is keeping the machine running enough to make payments year round.Thanks.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i would say if you are wondering if there is enough work to make the payments you need to be renting for a while longer. renting is not a bad way to go. it gives you the ability to have the perfect machine for whatever work you are doing. after a period of time you will know what you need and can get it then. mini skids are great but as a stand alone piece of equipment to pay the bills i'm not sure how it will do.
    good luck,
    metin

5. Lawrence Anthony

I think your right.Thanks man.All I have done is rented a mt 52 and moved 12 yards of dirt at my house.other than that i dont even know what to advertise for.I must figure all this out.will become a veteran.garanteed.

6. capetrees

capetrees LawnSite Member
    from ma

Lawrence, you mention you are trying to start out on your own. If you're in New Orleans, there must still be lots of clean up work. Get your name out letting people know that you're willing to do ANYTHING labor oriented. Once you get a list of odd jobs and customers, word travels fast and THEN you can choose what you want to do. Get the name out first though and the phone will start to ring.

7. Lawrence Anthony

your right.im working on my new business and steadily putting money aside for a machine to tackle multiple labor tasks that i have in mind. we are definetly thinking the same. thanks.