Messed up by weather

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnTamer, Apr 6, 2006.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone else lamenting weather woes? I'm already about 60 applications behind from rain, snow and 40mph winds. Right now it is dumping snow outside, the last weather report I saw called for 2-4" in the valley and 4-8" in the foothills, (where about 1/2 of my accounts are.)
    I love working outside but man can the weather be fickle! I know why they call it mother nature, cuz a man could never be this indecisive!
    Oh well, I get a day to rebuild sprayers and catch up on office work.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I know what you mean! I'm sitting at home now because its raining again, and more tomorrow! we have had rain, snow and tornadoes in the last 2 weeks! I'm at least 2 weeks behind now. hope next week is better so we can get caught up!!
  3. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Hey Joe,
    This years weather is really messing with business. I have dozens of yards still to aerate, several spring cleanups to do, pruning and tree removals to get done, etc, etc and the mowing season is only about two weeks out. With all this rain and snow we keep getting i'm running way behind.
  4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

When its July and 105 in the shade we'll remember this crapy cold wet weather and think, 'man that was great.'