Met RCreech & Grassguy today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to come on here and say that I finally got to meet Rodney (a.k.a. "Rcreech" on here) and Mark (a.k.a. Grassguy in this forum). We all met at OSU's "Turf Field Day." I took Jerry Andersen (who comes on here sometimes) with me, to show him what this seminar was like.

It's funny. Jerry and I were standing by the registration table, (Ooops! I mean conversing) with a buddy I hadn't seen in a while, when I see some guy who was standing behind my friend, turn my direction and call my name. At first I had to process why this guy (who I didn't recognize) was calling MY name. I was thinking to myself... MAN!! I haven't done anything illegal lately, so hopefully this isn't some Constable who tracked me down. The next thing I knew, this sly looking cat walks up to me and sticks his hand out. He says, "hey Vic." "I'm Rodney Creech from lawnsite and that guy over there is Mark, who goes by the name "Grassguy" on LS." Needless to say, I was extremely relieved. After all, striped suits don't exactly compliment my complexion.

After talking with these two guys in person, I can honestly say that I don't remember meeting nicer guys, and I mean that. You can definitely tell both these guys have an exorbitant amount of knowledge. I came away from my conversations with them today, extremely impressed with both of them. I enjoyed finally being able to put faces with their names.

Anyway... I just wanted to come on here and share my experience with everyone.
  2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks Vic -- the two guys you met have always treated me with respect here on lawnsite. I wish I could meet these guys in person too. Take care man, your friend, american (you already know my name).
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

American if you ever come barreling through Pierre. I doubt I will get to Des Moines anytime soon. :laugh:

That is the thing about being in my isolated neck of the woods or prairie.
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Sorry I scared you! Wish I would have known that and I would have flipped my fake badge. LOL.

It was great meeting you also, and I apreciate all your kind comments!

I would have to say ditto (as American always says)! You are a class act and carry yourself as a professional!

Probably see you at the OTF in Dec!

It was great meeting you also! Thanks for the awesome dinner, I will buy next time! It was great getting to hang out with you and your guys! You have an aweosome team!

Hopefully over the next several year we can continue to meet more new people! It is great to finally get to meet who you talk to all the time!

Have a good one guys!

5. turfnh2oman

turfnh2oman LawnSite Member

Hey Creech {a.k.a. "Rodney},

Just got back from vacation as you know. checked e-mail updates, etc. this a.m. and found I was a day late and dollar short for both turf seminars. Oh well maybe next year. Will try and plug my owner about OTF this year as I usually don't "push" it for my guys but will for myself.
    You ever get down to Cincy way, let me know ahead of time and we'll do lunch or something. If not, cya next year ?
    Also like to mention, there is a smaller turf seminar here in Cincy area at Sharonville Convention Center off of I-75 every year that we usually attend. Usually informative program. May want to check it out. That way we could do lunch and it wouldn't cost me anything. Kill 2 birds with one rock, ya' know ? - LOL payup
  6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Is it a pretty good one? Do you have the dates?
    We will have to meet up!

I don't go to Cincy much...but I am actually going down today and staying the night for a mens retreat with some guys from our church. It is how to improve your marriage!!!!

I am SCARED of this one. They always talk about spending time with them. I love to.....but by the time I take care of my customers and talk on here for a couple hours I don't have much time for her! HAHAHA!
  7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It won't kill ya Creech. My wife just wants me to get off the computer and do the man thing once in a while.

Anybody going to the Michigan Turfgrass meetings at East lansing on Aug 22nd? Runner? Durand--other Michigan people?
  8. turfnh2oman

turfnh2oman LawnSite Member

PromiseKeepers - That's supposed to be a REALLY good program for wife, life, etc. Congrats to you and enjoy ! I've always wanted to go to that. Have heard about it for years. Really kinda' busy right now just bgetting back from vacation, have weekend booked. Next time I get into fight with the Mrs. I'll tell you and you can tell me what to do - LOL. So take notes for me, k ? Yeah, Riiiiight !

As for the turf show in Sharonville, I believe it's in February. I checked the convention center website and it's not posted on the schedule as of yet. When it gets closer I'll shout at you. The website is It's a good seminar day. Good speakers, topics, etc. Pickup some applicators points, etc.
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Yep! I am here! It is great and if you ever get a chance to go to it I would highly recommend it!
  10. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Vic and RCreech,
    Its was a great opportunity to meet you both as well, and put some faces to those that frequent the board and make it a great learning and building tool for everyone! Having these seminars worked well for everyone I beleive not only to get updated on current issues but also roundtable and network with one another. Rodney, Glad you were able to join us later, i was concerned myself never being at the place whether the food was going to be hype or that good, but wow was quite pleasantly surprised and very full by the time we left! Next time we'll have to coordinate it all abit further in advance and get Vic and crew as well. Hope your weekends have been a great time, as mine has been a bit of driving to the east Coast to see the in-laws and family too. catch up with ya soon.