1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Meta Title

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by WPLC, Jan 21, 2014.

1. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

I changed my title for my homepage about 2 weeks ago, and when I search for my website in Google, it still shows my original title. How long does it take to update?

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Hmmm- mine usually show up in hours. But if you don't update your site frequently then Google doesn't visit as often.

Do you is Google Webmasters? If so, you can "Fetch as Google" and then "Submit". It will usually crawl it pretty quickly after that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. curtislawncare

curtislawncare LawnSite Member

Google doesn't always obey title tags. If it thinks a title from the page content is a better suit it will use that.

Are you using "title" as the query when you search for your page?

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

WPLC, I see your current home page title in the results.

5. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

Nvm searched it again and now its updated..lol

6. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

But when I search lawn care grand rapids, I still see my old title tag and that is on page 4. Can only find my new title tag if I search for my name.

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I see you 3rd from the bottom, page 3, with the new title tag. I get the same result by setting my search to be local to you, as well as national.

8. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

Ok. Isn't showing that for me, but I search my name a lot, so that could be the reason.