Metal Building

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigdaddyspags, Aug 19, 2004.

1. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

ANyone on here know of a good place to buy a metal building kit? Something that could be built quickly and be a low maintenance garage/workshop.
  2. HondaFreak

HondaFreak LawnSite Member

You mean a kit that can actually make square tubing? I don't know what you mean by a metal building kit. Just get a bunch of steel from or go to your local shop.
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you have some of those "thifty" style classified newspaper thingys that you pick up for free in stores like American Classified, Thifty Nickel, etc look in those as they normally have tons of ad's from companies that sale those. Also if you have a Leonard Buildings in your area, but sometimes they tend to be a little high.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Local hardware stores usually offer pole barn kits. Another route, if you plan on doing it yourself, would be to purchase the blueprints to a polebarn. A guy I know put up a 30 X 30 for around $6K, including concrete. The blueprint cost about $250 and had to have some kind of seal of approval by an engineer. The city required this. An inspector made several visits at different phases of the construction. One bit of advice, I would go bigger than what you think you will need.
  5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member