1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metal edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by laserman, Feb 25, 2002.

1. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

I,m new to landscaping but been mowing a while. Q... Where is the best place to get that heavy metal edging that you see in beds? I know it sounds dumb but.... Where?:rolleyes:
  2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

3. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

Thanks, Home depot doesn't carry it around here but thanks for the reply!!
  4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Try this web site. They have great products and they are easy to install. Little on the pricey side, but this stuff will last forever, which is my selling point to customers. Hope this helps.

6. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

How well does the Colmet 14guage metal edging hold up? Its just powder coated and not galvanized.
  7. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

In those salty-high humidity areas, the colmet may last about 3-5 years without any outside help from mower wheels or line trimmer damage. This will cause the paint to flake and rust to emerge quickly. If you choose to purchase the colmet stuff, make sure you can get the 6" tall material instead of the 4". Install it a couple inches deeper if allowable and this will help on those lawns with invading rhizome roots.
  8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Lowes Has it.
  9. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a large nursery nearby that uses galvanized steel edging. They get it in large rolls. Maybe 1 ton rolls. They just cut of whatever length you need for 1.50 per ft. use no stakes. They have been in biz along time and use alot of it with no problems. I wish i new where they get it. I'm quessing a sheet metal company. If they sell it for that price I'd guess it cost 60 cents a foot.