1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metal Edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RyanCanMow, Mar 27, 2002.

1. RyanCanMow

RyanCanMow LawnSite Member

I am planning on placing some metal edging around a paver patio I have recently installed in order to keep everything tight, and the pavers from chipping on the edges. I need 4 inch wide strips about 1/8 - 1/4 inch in thickness. Do you know where I can purchase these? Thanks guys!!

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Try this website.
    Easy to work with, but pricey. Goodluck

LAWNS AND MOWER www.permaloc.com

Seems like I can't get this link to work. Do a search on " metal edging" and you can get onto this website by going to the other 'metal edging' thread.
  3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Flat Metal edging for pavers??? Try PaveTech edging It's made for pavers. Talk to your paver manufacture first. Use the right Item for the right job.
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Proper installation is also important. Your compacted base should extend beyond the patio a distance equal to the depth of it. This will provide a stable place to install the paver restraint. Don't just install it over dirt. It won't hold.