Methylated Seed Oil (MSO)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HydroRI, Nov 11, 2005.

1. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

I bought a 2.5 Gal jug of this stuff to use with Drive 75 for the adjuvant. I know I could have bought Spreader Sticker too but MSO is recommended.

Has anyone ever used MSO with Momentum? I could not find anywhere on the label that prohibits an adjuvant. Is Spreader Sticker and MSO similar?

Will I have better results with momentum if I add .55 oz per gal of MSO?

2. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, yes and yes

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have used hort. oil too. Where did you find the MSO? I kkep reading about it in lables, but never see anybody who actually has any. I thought it was an urban legend or something.

4. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

MSO is used for Drive specifically because you want the herbicde to reach the souil afte spreadign on the plant. If you use a spreader sticker for Drive, you will not get the best preemergent qualities from it.

A non-ionic spreader sticker is a better choice for momentum. You cna get MSO at most of your more full service dealers. I find it at Ewing Horticultural Supplies, Hummert International, and ProSource one.

5. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

I got mine at Allen's Seed Store in Exeter RI

6. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

Is it better than using no MSO with momentum? I just have so much of it I would like to use it for something.

7. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

You'd be better off spending a few pennies per gallon and using the right stuff.