Metro 21" REVIEWS?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kona, Feb 4, 2002.

1. kona

kona LawnSite Member

Just considering on purchacing one of these .
    -How does it cut?
    -Hold up well?
    -Bag and mulch good?
    -Enough power?
    - Sturdy handles?
    Any comments would be a big help
    Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kona,

I suppose I should really defer this to some of our customers that are using the Metro 21 but I'll try to give my most unbiased opinion.

The cut like all mowers will vary depending upon conditions but it performs very well when grass starts getting too tall and out of control when compared to some other 21" mowers. Mulch quality is as good or better than most. On my lawn the cut it leaves when bagging is excellent, it's biggest asset is going to be durability. We just don't have many problems with this machine. The casting in the deck is thicker than most, the handle bars have a thicker wall than most other 21” mowers, the cables are about as heavy duty as you can get, the wheels would be considered by some as "overkill" and the transmission will hold up well if you utilize the grease zerk in the tip pulley for what it is intended. In a horsepower war there are some machines on the market with more power but that little Kawasaki holds up well and has all the power you need for the most part.

I used one most of last year after I gave my 32" to my dad and it performed well. From my experience it does everything I’ve asked of it but I would like to experiment with some different types of blades just like we’ve done with the big mowers. Unfortunately all of the grass is under snow so that will need to wait till spring.

Thanks

Terry