Metro 21 stripes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnBarber, Sep 17, 2007.

1. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how the Exmark Metro 21 stripes. I've used two Honda hydros for five or so years now and are getting a little worn.They stripe great no doubt about it but, its time for a new 21 and can't just pass up a good late season sale on this Exmark. I've read threads comparing the two and havn't found anything on how well they stripe. Thanks.

2. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

It stripes pretty well, actually. Compared with my old Honda Masters hydro, which I thought at first striped pretty well. I think, due to the heavier weight of the unit and the narrower wheels...as well as the higher blade tip speed. Sorry, no pics. This drought here in the SE US has really done a number on my yard. I haven't mowed in about a month or more :cry:

3. TheLawnBarber

Anyone else?

4. TheLawnBarber

Ok so I bought the Metro 21" new for $916.74 with the new Kai 6hp Kawasaki before taxes. I've used it on my own yard today and cut very well. I can't tell what the stripes will be like since we are getting the rain that should have arrived in August. If anyone has the twin Toro version let me know what your thoughts are about it. Thanks.