Metro 26...I know, I know.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sandman23, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I am in need of a small commercial mower for my postage stamp Bermuda lawns (under 4000 ft. and well manicured). I have been back and forth between the Proline and the Honda, But... I keep going back and looking at the Metro 26. It just makes too much sense to me to be able to get 5 more inches of cut. I have two dealers that I trust and both are saying that all problems with the 26 have been addressed and fixed. I have their solemn word.

I am just wondering if anyone else has given them a second chance yet and what the new word is on this mower. Thanks.
  2. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

I Have Several Of Them In The Field And My Guys Havent Had Any Problems
  3. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I Trust My Dealer Also, And He Said They Fixed All Of The Problems.
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

all the problems have been addressed. Sometimes new products can be rocky. This was one of them. You should have good success with the mower.

They are also planning to add a side discharge option in the spring.

If all else fails, that's what warranty is for. 2 years commercial warranty is pretty good imo. Not all trim mowers offer 2 years warranty for commercial use.
  5. Clipper1

Clipper1 LawnSite Member

I have one for sale that I purchased in Sept of last year and used about four times. Runs great, no problems I just went in a different direction with the service that I purchased it to do.
  6. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

How does it handle mulching? Are there plans for a chute insert and mulching blades?
  7. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

Fix that machine up with the Kawasaki engine, a mulching blade and a side discharge of some kind that WORKS and you might have something.

Just MHO, of course.
  8. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Seems like a pig to me. Every time I have hefted the fronts off the ground on a showroom floor I just could not imagine myself manhandling one on a job.