Metro 26 mulch kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dishboy, Jul 14, 2005.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

My last information was that the mulch kits for the 26 were supposed to be released on 7/12/05. Has anybody heard if they have been released and are being shipped, or better yet received theirs?
  2. dishboy

from zone 6

Anybody hear anything?
  3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the same boat as you. I have been very disappointed with the Exmark Metro 26" and have expressed this disatisfaction to Exmark personally. Basically the unit has had a lot of annoying quircks and now the bagging system is not working. Thus, I have a unit that can't bag, mulch or side discharge. Exmark asked me to be patient and that the mulch kit and newly designed bag would be soon to arrive. It has been 2 weeks and nothing has come yet. With the growing season close to half over in our neck of the woods, I am growing increasingly frustrated. Sorry to vent...will post if and when that kit and new bag design appear.
  4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I just put my Exmark On Ebay. Decided not to wait for the mulching kit and just run 21's. One of my dealers told me that is was available now and he could get me one.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else got one?
  5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I got tired of wating for the Metro 26 at my dealer so I ended up buying the Ferris hydrocut 32". I haven't found a gate I can't go through yet and all I've been doing is mulching. Sure am glad I didn't wait fo the Metro. The only thing with the Ferris is that I wish it had dual hydros but once I got the hang of it I can get by with the single hydro.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I doubt if you will see anything soon. Exmark is in the middle of a scheduled shutdown, and to top that off, they had a fire in their plant the other day.
  7. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i haven't heard anything on the mulch kits for my 26 but i did find that you can side discharge using the plastic side discharge chute or elbow off of a honda commercial 21'' mower. just hang it on the right side bracket used to hold the bag on and close the door. the spring pressure has been enough to hold it on although im sure it could be made more secure with a little modification
  8. dishboy

from zone 6

I finually recieved my mulch kit. Good job on the plug, just what I wanted to see, a smooth transition allowing grass to flow instead of dump.

I have only mowed my yard which is thick with about 2.5 to 3 inchs of growth. Everything disappeared. I have done alot of other mods so not sure what results would be with a stock configeration.

Fareway you are right this mower will not compete in the residental market, save your money for those Heavy Kawasaki Prolines. :)
  9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The fire at Exmark Manufacturing, 2101 Ashland Ave., caused an undetermined amount of damage but was contained to the oven where it began, according to Beatrice Fire and Rescue Capt. Arlyn Ullsperger.

The oven, described as about the size of a small house, was being used to cure large drums of paint so the paint could be taken to a landfill, Ullsperger said. The paint got too hot and ignited, he said.

When fire crews arrived at about 4:05 p.m., water from the plant's sprinkler system was boiling off of the oven. He said the fire wasn't difficult to put out once they figured out how to get into the oven, but the heat was extreme.
  10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I'll be Buying Lawnboy Commercial Self Propelled Now that the Suzuki/ Prolines are Dead and Buried...Even w/the New 4Stroke Engine they are Still 65lbs Lighter than the Metro 26".....

If You want to Haul Around a 150lb Trim Mower On Small Lots All Day Be my Guest...The 85lb Lawnboy Commercial Units Will Kick Metro Butt 99% of the Time on the Type of Small Lots we Cut w/21's.