Metro 26 or proline , opinion needed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Et_mtl, May 2, 2007.

1. Et_mtl

Et_mtl LawnSite Member

Hi all ,
    I am at my 3rd season landscaping in Canada and I am searching for a new mower. All my clients are small residential properties and I was all mowing them with a 21 inch lawnboy 2 stroke machine (really nice machine by the way).

Now i need a backup mower and i went to the dealer today who really pushed the metro 26 forward saying thats all hes selling now and that it beats any 21 hands down, he basically told me i would be dum of spending my money on a toro where i could get a 26 inch for an almost matching price. I wanted to have you guys opinion abouth the mower. I mostly want feedback from the one who are using it i know the mower had problem but its supose to be fix now. I mainly want to know if its a pain to handle compare to a 21 toro in everyday use i trust the reliability and the 2 years waranty.

I could really benefiaciate from a wider mower (i wouldnt go 33 or 36 inch its simply to big for my application).

Anyways im waiting for feedback
    Also what do you think of toro vs honda i am mainly bagging

Sry for the poor english its my second language .

Thanks all
  2. CutsForLess

CutsForLess LawnSite Member

I have a exmark metro 26, the only thing I dont like about it is the weight, it weighs close to 160# if not mistaken. I have had a belt come off a time or two but other than that it is pretty well built. It has the same spindle and all as the ztr exmarks so it is well built.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Metro 26" too...The weight is a factor, but it also seems to have low power. I like just about everything about this mower except the 6HP Kawasaki...I think it should have been 8HP.