Metro 26" questions??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by 4curbappeal, Oct 17, 2007.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I am lookin into purchasing a Metro 26" in the next few days. How do they do with leaves? Is the 6 hp kaw enough power? If the unit I am buying(from an Exmark dealer) needs the updates(I believe it is an '06), is it a time consuming process and does it cost$. The mower has been used to cut once, but will come with some type of warranty. Any opinions on this mower are appreciated. Thank you.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

4curbappeal,

Your dealer will be able to answer the warranty and update questions. In almost all cases a unit sold that needs updates will be covered under the remaining original warranty. I'll let Metro 26 users comment on the performance questions.

KC

3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i have a metro 26 and have no problems with the leaves........ hey how much for it used ......a local dealer had new one's for $1299.95... i paid $1700.00 last year....... also it is a great machine i enjoy using it...........

4. 4curbappeal

I went to look at the mower this morning. The salesman knew nothing about the mower as far as updates went, but said it would come with a full warranty. The order date was around the middle of '05! The mower appeared to have been outside in the ellements(faded bag, some rust) since it was returned by the original buyer whom I assume was not happy with the mower.

Serial #560895
    I'm pretty sure no updates have been performed.

I would like to purchase the mower if the price was right and the updates were done. Does anyone have an opinion on an offer price?

Thank you

5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

if it used and the bag is faded......you figure it will be over $100.00 for the bag and has rust .with out looking at the machine i would say no more the $800.00.because you can get a 07 for 1299.95 on sell .so if they want to much might as well buy new.............

6. 4curbappeal

Thank you for the input! I wish I could find a new one around here for $1299!

7. 4curbappeal

Exmark,

The serial# is above, let me know on the updates!

Thank you!

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

If the unit has been sold previously, it's hard to determine what updates have been complete. I would speak w/ the salesman and the service guy and have them look up the appropriate service bulletins for that unit. They may have already completed some updates.

KC

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

6hp is more than enough, but an 8 would be better. Hey I have a 36 with a 17 and would love for it to have a 23. It does excellent in bagging leaves this machine will bag the cement from under it if it weren't so heavy. Like said before I would not buy the older machine for no more than 7-800. I bought mine for 1300 07 model.
    One point I can give you is if and when you get it is to tape the metal corners of the bag and where they join the top and bottom loop. This will keep you from ripping bags as quickly. Keep an eye on the front height adjuster as they will start wobbling and cause the front wheels to rut. Dealer warranty for me.
    Overall the machine is worth the money with the time it saves.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

out of curiosity, why are you guys opting for a 26 vs a 32 or a 36?