1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

metro 26

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dago man, Nov 27, 2006.

1. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

Any comments or experience using the Exmark Metro 26 mower? I've been considering it for use on small residential yards but haven't heard any opinions on it. Any one know a ballpark price on them? Thanks in advance!
  2. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

it looks good to me..if its a decent mower i would get a wb 36" and then the metro 26" to get into the backyards if ppl have smaller gates
  3. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i've heard they have some problems and seem to be underpowered as they have the same engine as the 21's. do a search there was a thread about them not too long ago
  4. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help!
  5. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

I paid 1430.00 out the door. After tranny problems, broken this, broken that, missing bolts.........I took that sucker to the pawn shop down the road after 45 days of use. Got a wopping 750.00 for it. I laughed all the way to the bank. That POS cost me triple that in agravation.......downtime, employees windshield time(riding back and forth to the shop)...arghhhh!!! I get angry even thinking about it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G-A-R-B-A-G-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garbage, trash, sh!t, crap, whatever. I'd recommend it to someone that I'd want to fail in this industry.

And a HEAVY POS garbage at that!

6. Clear-Cut

i guess ill scratch that idea...does anyone else make a 26" like that?
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i think MTD makes one or some company like that......not really worth it...get a 21" or a 36" comm. WB
  8. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

Thanks alot!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Consider a quick 36 from Better Outdoor Products...
  10. Clear-Cut

yea thats what im going to get hopefully by next year...but that 36 isnt going to fit into most of the backyards that i do where a 26" would...and a 26" would be more economic than a 21"