Metro 32" 13hp?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Florida 5 Star, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a question for you I recently purchased a metro 32" the sales slip says model M3213KA Serial # 411080. I take it the M stands for metro (or model) 32 is for size of cut in inches 13 should be for the hp engine. Now for the question I know the new metros have a 13hp v twin why does this mower have a 12.5hp single? If it was supposed to have a single why use the above model number? If not how do I get the V twin?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Florida5star,

Thanks for the post. You are correct the M is for Metro and the 32 is for the cutting width. The unit you purchases should have the 12.5 hp single cylinder Kawasaki. We have not began building any units with the 13 hp Kawasaki twin and will not for quite a while yet. I would not recommend swapping the single for the twin at this time. The 12.5 hp single has been the engine by which all other commercial engines are judged by for many years and for very good reason. It's extremely reliable and has about as few problems as you can have from an engine. There's a lot to be said for an engine that's proven.

Thanks

Terry

3. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I also have an Exmark Metro 32" as previously mentioned. Is there a "Quick-drain" oil valve available for that machine, as I would love to be able to change the oil faster, more often and with less of a mess than the current setup. Do you know of any aftermarket type parts that would fit the bill? Thanks.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hey, Five Star, if you don't like that 12.5, you can donate it to me!
    I 'll be readily available to pick up that 12.5 as soon as you bolt a new 13 on your 32"....
    Can't kill that 12.5...may be 3500 hrs or more?

5. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

I have a 32 inch metro. The only problem Ive had with it is that it just will not start when its cold. I have to put a light on it before I go out. It just flat pulls hard.

6. eXmark

Doogiegh

We do not currently offer the quick drain on the Kawi single however the p/n 103-1965 that we use on other models should work. You can also get several "aftermarket" drains as well. On the Metro's and Vikings however you'll need to use a extension hose when draining the oil.

Thanks

Terry

7. eXmark

Pat,

If there is one knock on some of the older engine designs that's it and it really doesn't matter which brand your talking about.

The choke can be a little finicky if not adjusted properly but the key is the spark plug. I don't kno know why but in the spring and the fall the Kawi singles really like a new plug. The one you take out may look perfect but for one reason or another the new plug is often a 100% improvement.

Thanks

Terry

8. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

OK Good. I still have a couple more leaf jobs this year, I'll replace that plug. Thanks