Metro 32

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GLS, Feb 16, 2002.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard nothing but good things about exmark from users on lawnsite. I am convinced that exmark mowers are the best.

I would like to know if the metro 32 with the 12.5hp kawasaki is a good unit and how much they run. I don't really know what options are available, so what would a standard 32" 12.5hp metro cost? How much extra is the ECS?

Thanks for your time,
    Ryan

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The 12.5 kawi is a good motor. I have that one on my 36" metro and it does great. I even run the mulch kit on it year round. I'll let the experts answer the other stuff, but you will like the mower.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Ryan:

The 12.5-hp Kaw. has plenty of power for a 32" deck on a belt-drive walk-behind. The Kaw. runs like any other single cylinder engine and pull start harder than a twin cylinder engine. Nonetheless, they will treat you right if you do the proper maintenance at the recommended intervals. It seems like the 12.5 Kaw. is working well for 65hoss and his 36" Metro.

The suggested list on the 32" Metro is $2299; however, pricing will vary. Always contact your local Exmark Dealer for the most accurate pricing information.

Since the 32" Metro is an entry-level machine, it's pretty bare bones. At the beginning of the '02 model year, the ECS controls weren't even an option. That has fortunately changed, and there will be an ECS version of the 32" Metro. I can't tell you when it will be available to the public. Watch our web site and keep in touch with your local Dealer. The suggested list price on the ECS 32" Metro will be approximately $100 more than the pistol grip version. If you don't want to wait, you could purchase your 32" Metro now and buy the ECS Handle Kit (P/N - 103-2444) to convert the controls from pistol grips to ECS controls. Shoot me another post if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your interest,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 32 exmark with a 12.5 kawi and a 32 bobcat with a kawi. In my opinion virtually all beltdrive walkbehinds are very similiar as to be almost the same. They all tend to use the same transmission and engines.

You have to look at the controls. Both mine are pistol grip, but I prefer the bobcat. The bobcat has spring loaded thumb latches that do not catch when you squeeze the levers to make a turn. My exmark levers tend to catch on occasion when a turn is made, which is a very big annoyance. Now, I realize that I probably need to replace a few parts asociated with the lever mechanism to prevent this, but none the less, this is an annoyance. This stated occuring during the second season of use. My bobcat on the other hand is several years old, and the levers need virtually no maintenance. The belts, brakes, and spindles all seem to wear the same on both machines.

I have yet to try the ECS system on an actually yard, but I did get my hands on one at my dealer. I feel that the operator is to close to the machine, but I'm one of those old pistol grip guys.

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all of the info everyone. I will probably purchase one of these usits this spring and will let you know how it works out.

Ryan