Metro 36: Kawa or Kohler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bonuts, May 22, 2002.

1. Bonuts

Bonuts LawnSite Member

There's not much price difference for getting the Metro 36 with a Kohler 15 versus a Kawasaki 12.5. I've got two nearby Exmark dealers: one recommends Kawa, the other recommends more hp. What do you guys think? I'll be using it at home only on my mostly flat 1/2 acre (with gates), and I'm thinking of a two-wheeled velke (I'm just north of 250 lbs.).

Thanks, Bonuts

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Kohler always have most likely always will. I think they are getting a great deal on the Kawa's but arent passing it on to the customers because in my experience they arent any better. Just so you know the one's Ive had experience with just dont start worth a darn. Kind of like an old chrysler.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I would go for the 15hp kohler, you can always use extra hp, I bought a 2002 scag with the 17 Kaw and i wish i had more hp,the Kaw just don't sling them doubles as good as my other walkbehind with the 16hp Vanguard bought new in 93 and still going strong, when i engage the blades with the Vanguard its just like running singles, but the Kaw takes a while to swing them, i wish id got a 20hp kohler instead...Marks Mowing Service