Metro 36" WB

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lawn Made Easy, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Lawn Made Easy

Lawn Made Easy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I would like some help in raising my deck up on this unit. I have 4 spacers on it currently and it seems to be at it's max height. This height is around 2.5" thick. I have properties that want their grass cut at 4" to 5" Please help

Eric

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Metro can be raised as high as 4 1/4" but not higher.
    you need to raise the rear axles both to the E point
    you need to put all spacers under caster arms
    you need to leave no spacers between blade and spindle.
    What kind of grass are you cutting? I leave one spacer each between spindle and the cut is very very beautiful.

3. Lawn Made Easy

Lawn Made Easy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I'm cutting tall fescue mostly. Thanks for the reply

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lawnmade,

MTR is correct. If you want to have the best quality of cut possible at such a wide range of cutting heights you'll need to re-locate the rear axle per the operators manual.

For such a wide range of cutting heights the floating deck can be a real time saver.

Thanks

Terry

5. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

I have noticed in the manual, that there is 5 holes for the axle adjustment. Hole one is for a and b , hole two is c, hole three is d, hole 4 is e. What is the fifth hole for, it is not labeled can you use this hole to raise the axle height even higher. Thanks

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Laborador,

Sounds like there was a glitch when they printed your manual. Hole 1 = A, hole 2 = B and so forth.

The 5th hole is for axle settign E.

Thanks,

Terry

7. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

THanks Terry for getting back with me. It makes more sence to me now the chart matches my set up. Just missed you yesterday when I called, wanted to know how to put a new blade belt on, I thought the belt I had was to small. One of your guys explained it to me and I figured it out. Thanks