metro 36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by vadeere, Apr 6, 2004.

1. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

I am going tomorrow to look at a Exmark metro 36 w/ pistol grips. I talked to dealer on the phone and he said I could take home for $2000 in the crate plus tax of 4.5% ($90). I was wondering if yall think I could get the mower mower for $2000 with tax thrown in. BTW how good is this price?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is how I bought one in 2000. Its probably an older model left over. I would say get it while you can. Those mowers are awesome and the price you will not see again. Mine is starting its 5th full time season with only regular maintenance costs. Still have the original belts.

3. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one about 2 weeks age with ECS and put together and readied for service for $2100. Keep pushing man, make them assemble so you can go right to work and not have to put off mowing time for assembly time.

4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

that price is reasonable. it should definitely be assembled. write back and let us know how you like it after you clock a few hours.

5. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Take that advice. Or pay the assembly fee.

Brian

6. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I just bought a 2004 exmark metro 36" walkbehind with ECS grips and a basket for $2400

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

For around here, that price is a steal!! I paid $2400 (including tax) for mine and it has the pistol grips too!

8. ej Landscaping

ej Landscaping LawnSite Member

these are all fixed deck and gear driven right?

9. SIRCAESAR

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I just about an Exmark 48" (belt drive) already assembled brand new 2,600 out the door, It definetly takes some getting use to coming from a 21", I could not believe 15hp, has that much power, i was out back in my yard, I have like an acre, slapped that baby into 5th gear, just for kicks, man the thing flew.. of course, I got used to the lower gears before i attempted it..I was like man i can't wait to get the velkie!! and Mulch kit. speaking of which fellow lco's, do any of you have the Micro mulch kit for the Metro 48" if sow how is the cut, is it really all that better then the side discharge? also do any of you have the sit down sulky's, are they just as comfortable as the seats on the ztr's?

10. Joe25

Joe25 LawnSite Member

I have to same mower you just bought and have the mulch kit. This year I am not planning on using the mulch kit because, when the grass is really tall or wet it clumps alot. So this year I am going to try some different blades and just discharge. Also I have the 2 wheel velkie. I love this mower. Very nice machine.