Metro 48 cutting problems.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LawnmowerLarry, Jun 26, 2007.

1. LawnmowerLarry

LawnmowerLarry LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I am new to this forum, and also to using the eXmark mowers. I have been in business over 10 years, but was doing all townhouses with a 21' bagger. I now have a large contract with many larger parcels that includes the use of the equipment owned by the person I contract with. He has a 36' and a 48' Metro. The 48 is just into the third season, and it leaves a swath about 8 inches wide that is barely cut at all, and this is centered where the left and center blades meet (as you stand behind the controls.

I've had it looked at briefly at our local shop, and they said it looked like everything was installed and working as it should be. There was no grass available nearby to show them what happens. The owner of the machine says he has talked with other eXmark owners that have had similar problems with the 48'.

I am mechanically inclined... fix my own cars (engine swaps, clutches, brakes, head gaskets, etc.) build my own computers, etc., but I do not have any experience with these machines, so I don't know where to look. Are the blades all supposed to rotate the same direction? Have checked for something caught in the spindles... nothing there. They all seemed to spin freely. The belt is tight. I have no idea where to go from here.

Any ideas would be helpful. I can't put it into the shop until the 36' comes out... until then I'm doing a lot of push-mowing anyplace that is very visible!

Help!

Thanks!

2. LawnmowerLarry

LawnmowerLarry LawnSite Member

OK, so I don't know the proper symbol for inches.... boy.... a 48 foot eXmark??? Please forgive me... it's been a long day!