Metro 48 Height adjustment?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kona, Apr 22, 2002.

1. kona

kona LawnSite Member

I just bought a new Metro 48" gear drive.
    -What is the factory recommended blade , front caster , and rear axle (A,B,C,D or E)settings?I want to stay arround 3-3.5"
    -Can you just move the front caster spacers to raise the height a little bit? THANKS

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kona,

There's two ways to approach the height settings on a fixed deck machine. One way is what is easiest and quickest for the operator and the other way is what is going to give me the best quality of cut.

If all you do is move the front caster spacers then your going to find that is some conditions the cut may not be what you would expect. Keep this in mind as well. For the most part the more spacers you have below the spindle the better your cut is going to be. If you go with less 2 spacers below you'll probably notice a change in quality of cut most of the time.

Here's where I would run my Metro 32 if I were cutting in the 3-3.5" range. Axle position E, 4 of the large caster spacers below the caster support and the washer above, and 3 spacers below the spindle. With this I can still quickly pull one front caster spacer and drop from 3.5 to 3.125 quickly and still get a great quality of cut. If you think your going to be cutting below 3" more often then move your axle setting to D and review the height setting chart in your operator’s manual.

Incidentally I generally cut my lawn at 2.5 - 3.0 and have found that on my lawn (bluegrass/fescue) the axle setting at D cutting height of around 2.5 when mulching makes my lawn look best. That's my lawn though.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Terry