Metro blade options

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jajwrigh, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I was curious as to what my options are when it comes to different styles of blades for a 36" Metro. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jajwrigh,

Thanks for the post. We offer several blades for all of the Tri-vantage decks. The standard blade is the "notched" airfoil high lift which is a good all around blade and performs better than most blades in wet conditions. The "solid" airfoil high lift blade (my favorite for side discharge/bagging) leaves the most manicured cut however it doesn't work nearly as well as the "notched" blade in wet conditions. In the wet stuff the "solid" airfoil can require frequent cleaning and scraping. The "low" lift blades have a very short airfoil and are great when in dusty, dry or sandy conditions. The mulching blade is designed with the mulch kit in mind is generally considered to be the best performer with our mulch kit.

We will soon be offering another blade we're calling the "Extreme" blade which is similar to some of the "aftermarket" blades with serrated airfoils which will chop and grind the clippings a little finer when side discharging and bagging leaves. This blade however won't be available until late March.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry