Metro Floating Deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brbsta, Aug 10, 2004.

1. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Today I found out that the big Rear pin that holds the deck to the chassie of the mower, the bottom bolt came out. I went to the dealer and got the parts that im missing, but how do i get it back on. I have to take off the belt protector that is on the actual deck on the right side, how does that come off. If this is confusing just let me know.

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brad,

I'm assuming your talking about the rear deck height adjustment pin.

You'll probalby need to remove the center belt shield by removing the 5 plastic knobs that hold it in place. The lower side shields will need to be removed as well. To do so you remove the top nyloc nut and loosen the two nylocs (one on each side) on the side of the belt shield.

After that it's just a matter of sliding the bolt in, then the pin, then the spacer and tightening the nut. If you replaced the heim joint you'll also need to adjust the lenght. It should be 6-7/8" from the top of the pin to the center of the heim joint.

Thanks

Terry

3. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Thanks, I just got a friend with skinny hands and had him hold the nut in place and I tightened it from the outside so i didnt have to remove the side belt shield.

Thanks