1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metro HP cutting speed

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by advantagelawn, Jul 29, 2004.

1. advantagelawn

advantagelawn LawnSite Member

I run a 52" Metro HP with a Velke and can never get a good cut at full speed, 5th gear. Was wondering if i could do anything to fix that or if 5th is just meant for transporting. Kind of a stupid question but I figured I would ask.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

5th gear is generally a transport gear. You can cut at this speed if conditions are ideal but I wouldn't expect to leave a great cut at this speed all the time in all conditions. About all you can do is make sure everything is working properly so you can get the maximum performance available in any given conditions.

Things like pto adjustments, engine rpm's, deck idlers, choke adjustments, proper air filter maintenance, proper spark plug maintenance, inspecting the deck idler and mower deck belt for slippage are all good ideas if you want to get the absolute best performance out of any commercial mower.