Metro HP field fix

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Toroguy, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

My Metro HP was turning off today when I put the transmission into gear. The "nuetral start switch" had given up and when the "nuetral start switch" goes, so goes the mower.

A fix it in the field remedy is to connect the two wires that attach to the switch atop the transmission. This negates the safety run away feature, but will keep you mowing until the part can be replaced.

The fine folks at A-1 Outdoor Power were my saviors again.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Toroguy,

I'm glad your mower is up and running but PLEASE take your mower to your dealer to have the switch repaired properly before using it again.

I'll give you the short version of may safety lecture, because my hands get tired from pounding on the keys to my keyboard and people in the office look at me funny when I type that loudly.

People bypass safety systems, often with the best intentions and far too often they forget to have the system corrected and someone gets hurt. It only takes a moment for something bad to happen.

Now I know that you or anybody else who frequents lawnsite.com have ever bypassed a safety system for any reason up until today. Because I know that nobody wants to get hurt and that nobody wants and employee or a bystander to get hurt............and so on. It's important, take it to your dealer for repair and if he has any questions have him call us at the factory.

Trust me that was the really, really short version. I didn't even tell you about any of the nasty things that lawn mowers can do when safety systems are bypassed.

Thanks, and let me know if you want the "normal" version of may safety lecture. LetÂ’s keep it safe guys, we enjoy working with you.

Terry

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Metro is back to safety standards.

I think the safety switch prevents the machine from starting while transmission is engaged? The machine did turn off when hands were released.

But all is repaired and well. The dealership was not behind my decison to bypass this feature. Just me, a rogue mower.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Toro Guy,

Great news! We would rather have you be overly cautious than to have you regret it later.

Thanks

Terry