1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metro HP transmission belt replacement

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Toroguy, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Some information for Metro owners that may be helpful.

My 2000 Metro HP was having similar slippage problems as LT1Z28. I was inspecting on how to adjust the trans belt beneath the engine deck and determined the belt was in need of replacement.

Replacement belt part number 323280. Grab a 9/16 wrench and follow along...

This was the original belt being replaced after two seasons of use. A socket wouldn't fit underneath the deck so the box end wrench worked well. Loosen the idler pulley (you may want to mark the original location of the pulley before loosening it) and release the tension from the belt. To remove the belt the "blade clutch belt" must be taken off the engine pulley. The 9/16 wrench used a lever removes this without damaging the clutch belt. The actual removal of the trans belt is then like a jigsaw puzzle, it will make you say "Hmmm". With the new belt in place just reverse the procedure.

With the new belt and the tension readjusted to its original position I have no more slippage or belt worries for the rest of the season.

Good luck
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

good info toroguy. mine only has about 30 hours or so on it now, so i hope i am a few seasons away from replacement, but i'll print this page for future info.