metro hp transmission

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jman00, Aug 7, 2002.

1. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

The trans on my metro hp is jumping out of 4th gear. My question is could a worn and stretched out belt cause this or does the trans need replacing or work done on it. I do have a sulky attached.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey jman00,

When you say that it is "jumping out of 4th gear" what exactly do you mean? Does it do this as soon as you shift to 4th gear? Does it do this after you have mowed in 4th gear for some time? After it "jump out of. . .gear" does the mower just stop, or does it jump to a lower or higher gear? Do you see any belts slipping when this problem occurs? Is it worse when going up an incline?

What's the serial number of your Metro HP? Approximately how many hours are on the machine? E-mail me back at dustin.schwab@exmark.com or just create another post with the answers to my questions.

My initial reaction is that it sounds like the shifter keys are a bit worn, and this transmission may be nearing the end of its life, but that may not be the case. E-mail me back with some more details, and we'll try and figure out what is going on.

Thanks for the information,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support