1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metro HP Zirk (sp?) Fittings

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by sniggly, Oct 2, 2003.

1. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Today I took the wheels off of my Metro HP 36 because the machine was making a funny noise.

On BOTH SIDES.....the zirk (sp?) fittings are missing and bearing reservoirs were dry.?? There's just a hole there.

Bought this machine used. Can you provide some guidance? The local auto parts stores fittings don't 'fit'.

By the way I don't know if it would be possible to even get to these fittings unless you take both tires off anyway. Maybe that can help you visualize where they are.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The zerk should be a standard 1/4-20 thread zerk. Your local dealer or hardware store should be able to supply you with what you need.

The lubrication for the drive wheels is annual. Once per years remove the wheel, remove the hubcap and grease until you see fresh grease appear out of the hubcap side of the wheel. Install the hubcap and then install the wheel and that's it.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.