1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

metro hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by eric22, Nov 9, 2003.

1. eric22

eric22 LawnSite Member

what are the pros and sons of the metro hp with a 48in deck.
  2. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

My 15 Kaw with ECS handles was great.
  3. eric22

eric22 LawnSite Member

what is a round about price for it? one of my dealers will sell it for 3200 is that a good price?
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

48"Metro Hp
    1. cut nice cause it's eXmark
    2. easy to change height quickly
    3. simple to maintain cause it's gear and it's very durable (5 years without changing belts so go figure)

1. $3,200-3,400 is not good cause adding just $500 -$1,000 you get 36" & 48" Hydro Viking which are different, different beasts.
    The natural reverse and zero turn is worth every penny.
    2. Too heavy 48" Metro hp weighing 548 lb for a gear mower while 48" Viking weighing 551 lb.
    3. ECS on gear eXmark ain't fun to drive even standing on sulky compared to the ease and fun experienced with ECS on Viking and TTHP. You have to try on then you will understand, i love pistol on gear and ECS on Hydro.

To sum it up, for $3200, get Viking better and for gear-drive stick with basic fixed Metro cause it's a bunch cheaper but still cut like eXmark champ.
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The only real con to the Metro HP is that it's not a hydro.

The Metro HP has several advantages of traditional belt drive mowers however. First you've got the taller drive tires, standard semi-pneumatic front caster tires, quick height adjustment, floating deck, sealed blades spindles, simple PTO adjustment, and excellent quality of cut and ECS controls.

It's a pretty tough package to compete against. To get a decent idea of how well the ECS controls work and how well this mower cuts grass you'll need to demo the machine. Your local dealer should be able to arrange the demonstration. If he can't just give me a call at 800-667-5296.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.