1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Metro, tell me feedback....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Mar 31, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys just wanted 2 know if u guys knew anything about the Metro. I was thinking of buying 1 to expand my business, but when i was searching around i found out that you can't put a turf striper on it....So if you have any pics of a homemade stripe kit that would be great. Besides the striping how well have they worked for you, how long do they last, just everything you know, and if you were going to buy a second wb 36" mower what would it be???? Thanks alot guys, you have been more than helpful!:waving:
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Metro and I love it. Mine doesn't have ECS so it will kill your wrists by the end of the day. They are built strong though.
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Don't waste money on belt Metro, poor productivity and fatigue as all belt walk, better off spending on TTHP or Lazer hp, and you can put striper on them. eXmark only make striper for floater like TTHP not on fixed deck.
    BTW, the lazer is the most productive of all.
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Great little mower. Have had mine for five years. Great cut and the 12.5 Kaw has performed flawlessly. Just replaced with a Viking (same mower only hydro) but still cannot make myself get rid of the Metro.
  5. Tams

Tams LawnSite Member

I've used a metro for the last 6 years to maintain 25-30 lawns and it is still going strong. Most of my lawns are residential so in my case it has been a great mower. I would have no problem purchasing another one. I tried a viking for a week(friends mower) and really didn't think it was worth
    switching. My wrists are fine at the end of the day. Maybe if I did this as a full time job, I would think otherwise. Before anyone jumps on me being a part timer, I teach and have been doing this for 10+ years, and I am insured and pay taxes. Have a good season and hope for more rain in the NE.
  6. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i run a metro 36, and i really like it cuts good, runs good, and it has always started for me i really like mine. i have the ecs controls and they are awesome imo my hands never hurt after i run it all day. 15 horse power engine, i really like it plenty of power.