Metro vs Metro HP - Opinions...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by luner99, Apr 12, 2006.

1. luner99

luner99 LawnSite Member

My local dealer has a left over 48" Metro HP (floating deck) and I am trying to decide if the extra $800-1000 is worth it... I am hoping that some of you guys out there can help me make a decision...

Please let me know your opinions...!

Thanks!

Scott

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

it was less than $1k difference between the HP and reg. metro for brand new ones...but thats not the point, i am very happy with my metro, if your going to spend the money to get the floating deck, instead get a fixed deck and hydro drive...so the viking. Ide rather have the fixed deck with hydros over the floating with gear...the fixed deck machine will be quite a bit lighter than the floating deck too.

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

don't waste money on metro's, go get Tracer hp and be done with WB. If you buy metro then you wil itch and itch for Tracer with twin hydros...it is one of the top if not the best walk behinds in the market. I have TTHP for 2 seasons now, it cut sharp and superlow maintenance...Think about the way you change blade between fix deck and float deck, I think float deck worth like gold...