Metro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Jan 31, 2005.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

I Have A Metro And I Wnat To Know If This Will Work Correctly.i Have A Discharge Cover And Regular Blades And Deck Clogs In Heavy Grass.????????? Is What If I Put On Extreme Gator Blades,will That Help.i Know About Mulch Kit But Want To Discharge Some Too,this Will Be Mainly For A Laundrymat I Mow That Cars,people Around A Lot And I Cant Throw Stuff.or Would A Blade Blocker From Trimmertrap Be Better?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Two things.

!: Capitalizing the first letter of every word except for the letters that should be capitalized is difficult to read. You will get more responses if you try to write correctly.

2: Have you given any thought to mowing the grass before the business opens. I have 3 commercial accounts and I do all of them before they open. No cars or people in the way. You could also try bagging the grass.

3. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if you don't mind my asking, if it's only the laundry place, why is there heavy grass?

if there are open areas that you want discharge on I would get the blade blocker, if not, just stick with the mulch plate.

gator do help with mulching, but discharge horribly, so if there is a mix of discharging and mulching I would stick withe the regular blades. have you tried doubles yet?

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Alrighty then, I just thought I'd throw those out there as an idea. The only thing you can do is try the Extreme Gators with and without a blockoff plate. If you look in my signature line you will see that I do have a 36" Metro and I have tried cutting with Hi-Lift Gators and a blockoff plate and the results were so bad that I will only do it as a last resort. You may get different results.