Mexicans?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Jan 4, 2007.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How do I get some mexicans (not meant to be rude) to work up here in new york? All the articles I read say they are very hard working people, and dont mind taking the winters off? I just dont know what steps to take to go about hiring some for next summer. Anybody?

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would go to local hispanic resturants and talk to the manager. Hand him a handful of business cards.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'll order a van full if you know anyone running the shuttle.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our city you can go to HomeDepot and find workers......we also have city run centers where people come in the mornings. If you are a full time business in need of permanent help you might go get a firm to get some H2B workers. That will cost you several thousand dollars and it is too late for 2007 but the system works.

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just take a trip down to the border... you should be able to find them there.:dizzy:

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Walk in the back door of any restaurant and they are there .

We call 'em "Hispanics" .

Call the other landscape companies.

Here , they stand in groups , around town , waiting for some one to pick them up for work.

Come to ariz , we got lots

7. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Not all are hard workers. its up to the individual.

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

It would be my guess that if one was looking for Mexicans, that one should look in Mexico. At least thats how it would if I were elected president LOL

9. NewWave

NewWave LawnSite Member

There are companies in Mexico that will send them up with VISAs. Cost some money but its legal. Hiring 99% of anyone off of the streets would mean no visa, green card etc.

10. taaz

taaz LawnSite Member

LOL -- I see we have a few Arizonians here who are willing to ship 'em out by the truckloads! :clapping: