1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meyer grounding solution

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Lou, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Lou

Lou LawnSite Member

I took the following steps to eliminate the grounding problem: 1. Remove the ground terminal bolt and set it aside. 2. Clean the ground terminal, then polish to a high shine. Take a wire brush a make a couple of vertical and horizontal strokes on each side of it. 3. Cover the terminal with automotive grease. 4.Wire brush the bolt hole collar, then clean out the terminal bolt hole thoroughly, spray with WD40, and let dry. 5. Clean the bolt, and before applying grease, make sure it has a STAR washer. If not, get one. 6.
    While your at it, clean and grease the Positive wire and stud too.

My rigs are parked outside all year long. I do basically the same thing to all the battery posts and terminals. I also use marine terminals which come in VERY useful for quick jumps or other emergency uses without putting the electrical system at risk (so what if you have to re-set the clock and radio stations.)

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

This is good advice for more than just Meyer units! I am going to do this on mine (Monarch) as well as my winch.

1975 GMC C-35