Meyer Plow Conversion

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by machine, Nov 8, 2000.

1. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

I want to run a wider plow like 7.5' to 8' on my 93 Bronco. Currently I upgraded the mounts last year to the Meyer pull out model but I still have an old 2 metter on it now. It is to small. I was wondering if I could use the old 2m A-fame, cylinders, and E-47 with a new or used 7.5 to 8' Blade.

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

With a full trip plow, it is easy to upgrade. Go to your local welder, tell him you want a wider blade, and spring mounts to add extra springs. The cost will be cheaper, then a new moldboard.

Geoff

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I believe that they are the same pin mounting pattern, and the e-47 will turn and lift that plow. Stay with the 7.5, the 8' will be to much plow for that truck. The angle cyl should work as well.
    Dino
    K-I-S-S

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Or, install a set of the prowings (= or - $200.00) on the 7.5 to get 20" more, or 10" if you just have one on at a time. With the money you saved by not buying a new mold board, buy an E-60 pump & keep the E-47 for a spare while you're at it.