Meyer plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by mick, Jan 8, 2000.

1. mick

mick LawnSite Member

Hi folks, I have been having trouble with my plow bypassing under pressure to the left. I have installed new meyer fluid as per Chucks method from plow central also made sure i got all the air out of system. There is no visible fluid leaks. I can't push it physically back it takes load pressure to cause the release. Thanks in advance for your help.......mick<br>

2. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

there's only one quick fix to your meyer plow dilema ---- buy a Fisher!!!<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Mick,<p>Does your plow not power angle or is it that it won't pressure relief when you strike a solid object.<p>At any rate, don't triple your problems with a Fisher! (Fisher, of course, is short for &quot;Fisher-Price&quot;)<p>:)

4. mick

mick LawnSite Member

when I am plowing the left plow cylinder comes in by itself. I have to keep adjusting it back to the right.......mick <br>

5. mick

mick LawnSite Member

I thought Meyer owned fisher and it was there economy line ??....mick

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Theres a reason that there are no sites and forums dedicated to Fisher repair, unlike the Meyer sites, and thats because the Fisher doesnt need to be repaired. Its not afraid of the cold and working hard like the Meyer.<p>Why would anyone buy a plow with a bedspring holding the moldboard up&lt;G&gt;?<p>Bill

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like your valve isn't going down all the way. This is probably because of small debris stuck in the left hydroturn valve. Remove the left magneto and take the valve out to be sure it pops in and out freely. Blow out the valve as it doesn't take but a small speck to hold it up.<p>As for those Fishers, you really don't ever repair those. (I don't think you repair anything from Fisher-Price, pretty much dispose of it when it breaks.)

8. mick

mick LawnSite Member

thanks lazer. I took both valves out and cleaned them also installed new seals in valves. I did a pressure test on valves my tester go's up to 80 lbs air pressure no leaks apeared. is there an adjustment for a safty release? I bought this plow 2nd handed and i wander if this guy made any adjustments that could cause this.

9. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

sorry to offend all u myers fans out there but i used to have one and it was junk. We go with fisher now - although i could possibly have a new opinion in the spring since i just bought a brand new chevy and my fisher v-plow is on back order. the dealer gave me a myers v-plow to use in the mean time so we shall see how it prevails<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

10. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Don't even get me started with fisher. The way to go is Diamond it will take on a fisher and win any day. Only i do own 3 fishers a 10 fisher, and 2 v plows, and 10 diamonds. The reason is i hate the minutemount, but to get a v plow and 10 foot with the trip edge i had to get fisher. Diamond is still stronger than fisher.<p>Geoff