1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meyer vs Fisher comments

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, Nov 11, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

hi, need to decide tommarow which for my new truck. here is my background. always ran meyer, have 2 current md2 setups, on the shore in CT which means mostly 3-6" type storms, some heavy wet snow, some soft. never wanted the fisher because of the extra weight on the front end. i have an extra meyer pump for backup. keep them all the same, or make the switch.

im mostly looking for comments from guys who have used both and have firsthand knowledge of each but open to comments from all. please tell me in your reply if you have used both, or which of the two. also wondering how bright the new fisher lights really are from those that have used them and what some drawbacks to the fisher are since ive never used one. trust me, i know the drawbacks to the meyer but still wont mind hearing your problems too.
  2. supercuts

any help, today is the day
  3. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I assume you're using the e-60 meyers. I use one with my half ton, has been very good so far, & the touch pad is great to use. On my 2004 F-350 pickup, I have the 8' fisher, but have only used it one year. I have had no problems with it though. I do like the e-60, seems to pick up quicker than the fisher.
  4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 7'6'' meyers on my 04 f150 and my only complaint is i wish it had down pressure. i lookd at fishers boss snoway western and i just couldnt find service real close if my plow breaks middle of storm time is money so got the meyer basicly everybody here has one. though blizzard is starting to make a name for its self
  5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 Meyers and 2 western, and we had had zero problems out of the Meyers and several out of the western. They are all mounted on fords or an International 4700 LP.
  6. supercuts

i went with the meyer, since i have a spare pump, know a bit about them, keep them the same, were a few hunder less, and have good service at a dealer. all and all, i think they were about the same.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

From talking to one of the Meyer reps down at expo, they said the new E-58 pumps were re-designed and did not have the problems like the E47 and E60's did.
  8. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

You made the right choice, you know the product, if it aint broke dont fix it. Fisher wants too much money for their plow, you know who makes a great plow for good money is curtis, hitch and run system.