Mft 1742

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by kwagner, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kwagner

kwagner LawnSite Member

I really like the feel of the MFT, but I have noticed a problem. I am 6'3" and and when I push the levers completely forward they hit my knees. I know you can angle the levers backwards, but when i need to go into reverse is this going to hit my stomach now. If I remember right, I think I heard that they make lever extentions, if this is correct, how much would they help, is this going to feel awkward with the levers up so high. Do you have any idea the price range of these extentions. thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The extension will take care of what you are talking about.
    The levers on the unit can be moved forward and backwards in the bolts but also can be unbolted and moved into a upper set of holes.
    If that still doesn't do it for you I would go with the extensions.
    Here is the info.

Steering Lever Extension Kit, FasTrak Part # 333724 MSRP $48.00

3. jimceez

jimceez LawnSite Member
    from PA

The extensions really do help. I'm 6'3" as well and had the same trouble so I ordered the lever extensions to try to alleviate the problem. They did the trick!

Good luck on the new ride - you'll never regret getting a Hustler!

4. kwagner

kwagner LawnSite Member

ended up getting the MFT 42 today. We moved the levers back and that significantly helped. I also have plans to modify the seat by moving it backwards slightly. If these dont seem to do the trick I will probably fab some lever extentions on my own. I would buy some but then I wouldnt have a good excuse for the wife as to why I need to spend all evening in the garage welding. ;)

5. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

WELL I'M OVER 6 FEET TALL,, I FIRST PUT THE LEVER'S IN TOP POSITION STILL HIT MY KNEE'S,, I THEN WENT AN PURCHASED THE EXTENSION'S,, THEY WORK GREAT ALITTLE OVER 40 BUCKS WORTH,,, WELL WORTH IT,,, WAY TO GO HUSTLER GREAT MACHINE,,,,,,,,,,,,,:clapping:

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower and welcome to the Hustler family !!