MI Aeration in spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MImowerkid, Dec 15, 2004.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

This one is for you guys in lower MI and some surrounding states. I purchased an used Bluebird 424 aerator this year and didn't get a chance to use it on any of my customers lawns yet. I sent out a survey with my final billing that asked if any of my customers would be intrested in this service next year. I was suprised to find out that almost fifteen people would be intrested. The problen is that I don't really know where to set my prices. My expenses are low and I do not want to be a so called " lowballer " so I figure I can keep my prices in set with everyone elses. The machine still set me back a pretty penny so I would like to make back my investment this coming year . The properties I will be using them on are approx 10 to 15 thousand sq feet and my investigation shows others charging anywhere from 30 to over 50 dollers a pop. Would you agree that my prices should be somewhere in that region? thanks for all of your help!

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

for 15k sq ft I would charge about $75. some people charge more, some less... Also, watch out for sprinklers, telephone lines, and cable lines. Some citys around here burry the cables under ground.

3. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

average rates for aeration are $7 to $10 per 1,000 sq ft

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

As with everything else, I bill according to how long it takes me. Most of the props I do take about 45 min to an hour to do, I charge $40 to $45 per job. Most are right around 5000sqft.