Michigan applicator's exams

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Leaves, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Green Leaves

Green Leaves LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I'm taking the exams at the end of the month (Both Core, ornamentals, and right of way) and wondered if anyone from Michigan has taken the tests. I know the material rather well and I think I should do fine. Any words of advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you replies.
    Sean

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Study the questions at the end of each chapter.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is basically about it.....You're doing you're turfgrass too, right? Know your laws,...(636, etc.). And know ALL the safety stuff.......That is a big area that is emphasized on them. Good luck on them..I hope you do well! :)

4. Grassmechanic

The state finally wised up and offered a combination test that covers turf, ornamentals and right of way all in one test.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's right....I remember reading somewhere that they were going to do that.

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Runner is correct about the fact that MI is big on making sure you know what each law covers, like 637 vs 636, osha laws, etc.

The combo test talked about is optional.

You'll do fine on the test. But read the sections on the laws again.

7. Green Leaves

Green Leaves LawnSite Member

thanks guys for your information...I really appreciate it.

8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I just took my renewal again this year for the 6 or 7th time. When am I going to go to turf conference 2 years in a row, both days and opt out of that stupid test?

Take the 6J I think they call it, combo as mentioned. All the other advice given is dead nuts on.

9. Grassmechanic

I used to go to the seminars and get my credits also. Now, if I go to the seminars I don't even bother with the seminar credits. Why?? The state has an atrocious record keeping history and I was always being short changed on my credits. Now, if I miss a seminar, it's no big deal. It only takes an hour or so of my time every 3 years to take the test. I'd hate to figure out how many DAYS in seminars that I'd have to take in order to meet the credit requirements.:dizzy:

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't figure out why anyone would go to the seminars instead of taking the test, timewise anyway.