1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

michigan lawn season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutterj, Mar 8, 2001.

1. cutterj

cutterj LawnSite Member

hi, i'm just startin out this year and am wondering when u guys in michigan start your season. So far i have heard april 1st. that sound right???

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

The second to third week of april usually for me but this year im not sure. There is still snow in the ground and thats only one month away.

Bedros

3. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

I'm dreading all of this snow and cold weather we're having. I have some pruning scheduled for the week of 3/12/01. Just to play around alittle bit. We'll see how it goes. 4/01 looks iffy... with a high of 42 I don't do well in anything under 50 unless I have a Western or Meyers in front of me.

Eric

What part of MI are you in CUTTER?

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I am across the pond from you and we are probably even some south of you. A year ago yesterday and today, it was 78 degrees, today it was 34. Last year we started April 1st and if this spring doesn't warm up soon, it could be the 2nd or 3rd week in April before we start. April 21st is the lastest we have started. I'm ready for some of that 70 degree weather. ;)

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I start as soon as we can. Many of times, there is still some snow on the ground where the piles were pushed. There is STILL always alot of cleanup and stuff to do. Even right now, I have alot of trimming and tree work to be done. I only do this on the rather fair days though.

6. gway

gway LawnSite Member

we are out almost every year on mar 15th with our first app and hopefully well be out early apr doing our first cut but there is always sooooooo...much work to be done that all of us put off and now we need to cram it all in in about 2 weeks...why do we do this to ourselves?? estimates need to be done office work new adv all the same s**t...

hey erik ...are you with comp lawns?? just asknn...

[Edited by Eric ELM on 03-09-2001 at 04:39 AM]

7. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

We generally start mowing by the 2nd week in April. We'll start clean ups and other misc stuff a couple of weeks earlier.

cutterj

Where abouts in Michigan are you?

8. Eric ELM

Gway, I never heard of them. No I have my own lawn company, ELM.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Eric, I think he was talking to the other Erik, with a k.

10. Eric ELM

I don`t think we have a Eric with a K on Lawnsite. I figured since he was in my area, he was referring to me, but you could be right. ;)