1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's Have a New Threat to Their Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NickN, May 26, 2004.

1. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

.....and who's going to clean-up behind them?? LOL
  4. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

******** with a d not t. If your gonna call someone that, learn how to spell. Also, my nephew is mentally challenged and I do not appreciate you using that word.
  5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

LMAO!!! About the spelling!!
  6. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

The business gained international acclaim when the United Nations Environment Programme chose Christian -- based in part on his lawn-mowing service -- to be among nine Junior Board members to coordinate the international conference.

Pretty much sums up the value of the UN.
  7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if he'll charge for the free fertilizer from Clementine?:eek:
  8. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

Hmm. I wonder if I could merge my desires of a Nextel Cup car with a ZTR? Dragster, top fuel? Hmm.
  9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't that more of a novelty than a service? People aren't hiring them to cut their grass, they are hiring them to watch a show (in which case they shouldn't be calling it lawn service). I'm not just trying to condescending here but that is really, really stupid. They need to wake up if they think that they are really doing something for the environment. There are better ways of conserving the environment.
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

more on amish topic

we were pulling out of a job last year, and a amish buggy was pulling a little trailer behind it and on it was a mower. You guys think you got it rough, bid against these guys. :mad:

the reason I said that was my brother had to have a roof put on one of his rentals, rafters and shingles etc, anyways, got bid from a builder that had done alot of work for him, said 9900.00, take 3-4 weeks, and no soffet work, amish bid it at 2600.00 with soffet installed, 3.5 days. Them guys work, and eat. They will eat 3-4 burgers (big homecooked one). then they would go home and work till dark.